Now, my first question was "what kind of Christian?", because I'm sure you'll agree it'd be easier to pretend to be some kinds, such as Church of England, for three weeks, than other, more evangelical, kinds. According to the publicity the "mentors come from different branches of Christianity", though it doesn't elaborate.
But the man in charge of it all is a certain Reverend George Hargreaves, an anti-gay evangelical preacher who leads The Christian Party. A quick web search throws up some interesting quotes from the Reverend, my favourite being his opposition to the Welsh flag:
"We will not allow this evil symbol of the devil to reign over Wales for another moment. Wales is the only country in history to have a red dragon on its national flag. This is the very symbol of the devil described in The Book of Revelation 12:3. This is nothing less than the sign of Satan, the devil, Lucifer that ancient serpent who deceived Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. No other nation has had this red dragon as its ruling symbol. Wales has been under demonic oppression and under many curses because of this unwise choice."
If Hargreaves isn't a fan of the Welsh flag, he'll have some fun Christianising the motley crew Channel 4 have rounded up for him:
- a biker who's a tattooist and a militant atheist
- a young man who was brought up Christian until he was 12, and now has a girlfriend who is 10 weeks' pregnant
- a lap-dancing manager who can't live without continually acquiring expensive designer shoes
- middle-class parents who are so professionally busy that they have hardly any time to spend with their children
- a man in his 20s who, unbeknown to his girlfriend, goes out every week drinking and womanising
- a man who found Christianity unfulfilling and has converted to Islam
- a lesbian who sometimes sleeps with men.